Do you know what may cause you hearing loss? Are you aware of the risks factors? Do you know how liable are you of getting such defect? If your answers to all these above mentioned questions are ‘No’, you are in the right place. There are several things going around you that may make deaf. You should know about those risk factors so that you can stay away from such things. Let us have a look at some of the risk factors that can cause you hearing loss.
- One of the most common causes is aging. The cells of your internal ear can be damaged with time as they get exposed to sound each day.
- Another common reason is hereditary. You can cause such ear defects or sound disease if your parents or grandparents are suffering from that.
- The third most common risk factor is due to illness. Any type of illness or the disease that cause you high fever can get you into such hearing problems.
- Working environment: If you have got jobs where there is a constant high sound or noise going on around you, it can damage your ear. Some of the examples of such working environment are construction, factories and farming, to name a few.
- Medicines: Your ears can also be damaged due to the side effects of some of the medicines that you consume regularly.
I hope that you are now aware of the risk factors and try to avoid those causes affecting you. Good luck for the same. Stay healthy, stay safe!
Even if you are affected by hearing loss in one ear or both, you need not worry. You can be treated using several treatments like cochlear implants. There are several brands of hearing instruments like Siemens, Bernafon and Starkey, to name a few.