Are you suffering from hearing loss? Are you using the hearing aid? Do you want to know the things you should do to take care of them? If the answers to the above mentioned questions are yes, you are in the right place at the right time.
Hearing loss is one of the worst health conditions that anyone wants. Hearing loss in children is getting common these days. Most people who are suffering from such a loss prefer to wear hearing aids. Hearing aids for tinnitus are available in several types in the stores.
Keeping them neat and clean as well as taking care of it is quite essential. There are a lot of points that you should take into the consideration for taking care of them. Out of the several tips, let us have a look at some of the most important ones.
- It is advisable to perform listening checks regularly.
- You should check if the batteries are fully charged so that they work properly. The fully charged batteries work for at least one or two days.
- Make sure you clean them with a soft and a dry cloth so that the dirt does not get accumulated inside it. Use cleaning agents only the ones that are approved.
- Keep them in a small container and at a safe place while you are not using them.
- Handle it gently and even after doing so in case if it gets damaged, get it repaired by the professionals.
- Turn it off before you go to sleep in order to avoid the battery drain.
I hope that the above mentioned points help you to take proper care of your hearing aid. Make sure you do those things to keep it in the healthy condition. Good luck with that!
Hearing loss in children is a major issue to be dealt with as soon as possible. Focus on how to improve hearing, but also find out the causes of hearing loss. Kids are too small to detect the defect on their own and let parents know about it. It is parents who have to take care of their kids. They are the first one who will come to know if their children are suffering from the hearing loss.
The symptoms vary with the age, so let us find out the signs for both the age groups of children; below as well as above two years. Let us have a look at both of them one by one. Here we go…
- Signs for the kids below two years:
If your baby keeps on crying and does not do these things, he/she should be taken to the ear specialist urgently.
- Wake up if there is a large sound
- Smile or respond to your voice
- Turn eyes hearing familiar voice
- Notice the sound of the toys
- Understand and act for normal words like hi and bye
- Repeat sounds or words you try to make him/her speak
- Signs for the kids above two years:
- Does not respond when you call
- Behaves in the different way than other children of the same age
- Is not able to understand what you are trying to say
- Itches ears and keeps complaining about the pain in the ears or headache
- Does not reply well to your questions
- Turn the T.V. volume very high every time they watch it
The above mentioned signs can be the symptoms of hearing loss, but there can be other reasons too for the same.
What is tinnitus? In simple terms it is a condition where a person hears sound within the ears when no such sound is actually present. One cannot identify the basic cause for this problem but generally it is assumed that loud noises are major contributors to this problem. This sounds very easy to understand but it causes distress to the person who goes through it. In some persons the ringing sound is continuous while in some it is intermittent. The sound that the patient usually hears can be described as hissing, ringing or roaring which can vary in pitches. This condition is not such which cannot be treated. Ringing in ears treatment is available and it effectively heals the patients and helps them to lead a normal life.
Neuromonics is a treatment that is available for the tinnitus which relieves patient from the disturbing noise. It is an FDA approved treatment that is suitable for every age group which involves usage of hearing aid for tinnitus. Another problem that we face is hearing loss. With advancing world the possibility of hearing defects has increased by manifolds. Due to loud noises, our inner ear gets damaged and leads to hearing loss. Such a loss can be treated by making use of hearing aids.
Hearing loss is now not limited just to people approaching old age but it is equally affecting children. More and more cases of hearing loss in children are found nowadays. The loss that is caused due to injury, loud noises or infection cannot be repaired and hearing aid is the only solution that is available for the sufferers. One can find several brands for the hearing aids in the market but selecting the appropriate one that fits the patient is necessary. A hearing specialist would help you out in finding the correct hearing aid for you or your child by assessing the level of hearing loss.
Source Link :- http://goo.gl/RQfmYt